Experimenting with nail polish is great fun. You can allow your creative juices flow as you have a gala time trying out the various nail sticker designs to make your nails more beautiful. Let us discuss some nail designs you can try out at home comfortably.
A nail art design can add a unique touch to your gorgeous personality as you deck up for a special event. You can try out your hand at hundreds of nail designs using glitter and jewels, polka dots, dry tones, blended colors, stamping or marbling, etc.
Prepare your nails
- Remove the existing nail polish. You should begin on a clean slate by removing an old polish sticking to your nails.
- Use a sterilized nail file to shape your nails and let them have smooth edges. It is not a good idea to cut them short because you need a lot of space for your nail art.
- Apply a basecoat as it protects your nails from damage caused by nail polish or other nail manicure materials. It is essential to allow the basecoat to dry completely before proceeding with the nail designs.
Here are some nail design ideas that you will love to have.
Let us begin with a simple design that is easy to master.
Paint the nail tip with a different color
- Apply the basecoat layer and let it dry completely.
- Place a manicure sticker on your nail while exposing the tip alone.
- Paint the tips of your nail with your favorite color.
- Remove the sticker while the paint is wet. It ensures that the color does not chip off.
- Allow the design to dry.
- Finish the manicure with a clear topcoat.
Add a nail sticker design or jewel to your nail
- The first step is to apply the basecoat and let it dry.
- Place a dab of nail gel or nail glue on your nail, preferably at the top, as it will look great.
- Use clean tweezers to pick up the jewel or the sticker and place it carefully on top of the nail glue. Press it gently using the tweezers and allow the glue to dry.
- A topcoat application over the nail prevents the nail sticker or jewel to drop off.
Would you like to add some glitter?
- Mix some loose glitter with your nail polish or gel and apply it to your nails.
- Allow it to dry before applying the topcoat.
- Have another coating if you like. Dust off the glitter and finish the manicure with another layer of topcoat.
A Polka Dot design can look bewitching
- You would need two contrasting colors for an enticing polka dot design. You can have the dots in various colors if you wish to.
- Apply the basecoat and let it dry.
- Take a thin brush or a toothpick to pin the polka dot designs on your nails.
- You can experiment by adding more dots, or have beads of different sizes, etc.
- As soon as the dots are dry, apply the topcoat to finish the manicure.
A Floral design can also look enticing
- You will need three different colors, a basecoat color, petal color, and a color for the flower center.
- Get the basecoat on as usual and allow it to dry.
- Use a toothpick to place groups of dots arranged in circles.
- When the dots dry, use the same color to paint a circle inside the bubbles.
- Add petals of a different color.
- Once the designs dry out, apply a topcoat layer.
Blended Color designs
- You need to make a swirl if you wish to have a blended nail art
- Apply the basecoat color of your choice and let it dry.
- The second step is to apply the topcoat and let it dry, as well.
- Use a sterilized toothpick to apply a dot of the first swirl color.
- Take another toothpick and apply a second swirl color on top of the dot while it is still wet.
- Use another toothpick to drag the colors outward and create designer swirls, depending on your preference.
- You can create a marble effect by randomly placing several dots of the first swirl color on the nail and adding the second swirl color on each of the beads.
- Use your creativity to try out any shape or design you like.
Beautifying your nails is in your hands. Allow your creative minds to think of any innovative design and let your hands do the job for you. With nail art designs, the sky is the limit to which you can experiment. Go on Pinterest or Instagram to show off your nail designs and soak in the accolades.